Sarah Steele Building, 609 Steele St, Whitehorse
Alcohol and Drug Services offers a FREE 4-week live-in treatment program for youth between the ages of 14-18. Participants in the program explore the physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual effects of substance abuse and addiction and learn skills for living a substance free life.
The program is gender specific and will alternate between females and males. Each program takes up to 4 youth.
Services provided :
- Personalized treatment planning
- Counselling sessions
- Skill development in key areas to support recovery
- Help accessing community resources (housing, education, medical, resume building)
- Support transitioning out of program and relapse prevention planning
- Outdoor adventures and creative activities (hot springs, hiking, biking, yoga, etc)
For application information or to apply: In Whitehorse: Contact the Youth Outreach Worker (867-667-5777) or visit Sarah Steele Building.
Outside of Whitehorse: Contact Community Addiction Service Worker (below) or 1-855-667-5777 and you will be directed
Dawson City, Old Crow or Mayo:
Pelly Crotsing, Carmacks:
Haines Junction, Destruction Bay, Burwash Landing or Beaver Creek
Teslin, Watson Lake: Female Worker:
867-536-2762 Male Worker: 867-536-3222
Ross River, Faro, Carcross:
For more information or to apply for treatment program, please the Youth Outreach worker at 1-855- 667-5777.